Total Pageviews

Friday, April 1, 2011

About Last Night...

So last night was yet another first date. Albeit, a rather fun one.  My first dates evolve from two sources; random guys I meet living my life (this week's include; car wash, grocery store, and college where the art studio I work in is located) and OK Cupid.  I actually seem to have better luck with the guys off the cyber site than the ones I meet in-real-life.

So context... I have been dating -- non-exclusively -- someone who I click with on many levels. There is crazy good chemistry, intellectual parlance, shared art practices, similar drives and ambitions, comparably insane commitments to fitness, and a bunch of other stuff in common. We have been quite smitten with each other.  However, I think that I, ultimately, want something that is not a fit in terms of future relationship stuff; this gives me pause and rather than bemoan it- I continue to date.  So my heart is not totally unencumbered as I waltz out on date after date after date.

Of course, who the hell knows what I want- did I mention I am just in the midst of divorcing.  So anyhow...

Back to last night... I headed out wearing a short little black dress, bare legs and the red cowboy boots. Its finally warm and I was headed to a trendy place in downtown Oakland; his choice.  Fantastic spot!  He was utterly charming, attractive and fun.  Lets call him "Marketing Man". We had a delightful dinner; mussles and prawns, lovely wine, and lots of banter.  We moved to the bar and flirted for another hour or so.  Not bad for a first date.  Its always a good sign when things move past the first obligatory hour and a half.

He had hilarious cyber dating stories about being matched with his ex-girlfriend and then going out on a horrendous first date where the date neglected to mention she had a 3-month old baby (he knew about the older child)... in another twist of kismet that ill-fated date was revisited when his ex-girlfriend was matched with that woman's baby-daddy!  Classic.

We already have another date planned.  It should be fun.  Of course, now, without me saying a word- ahhhh, he needs a name- lets just call the Artist who I am dating "Smitten".  Smitten is suddenly ramping up the romancing in a substantial way- discussing new future vistas.  Interesting.

Tonight is another first date.  This guy a film maker...

No comments:

Post a Comment